[Harp-L] Re: That gurgling/snoring sound

If I understand your explanation correctly I also come
up against this problem on occasion. I agree that the
problem can be somewhat difficult to isolate but I'll
take a shot at it.

We know that note shaping, tone, bending and all the
rest are controlled by three different parts of our
anatomy: mouth/tongue, throat, and diaphragm. I'll get
the 'snore' when I rely too much on constricting the
throat only to produce a low bend. Try tightening up
your diaphragm in concert with your throat action and
you'll get a smoother bend.

Paul