Re: [Harp-L] Appropriate compensation for gigs

About 25 years ago I was playing bass guitar in country bands for $50 a
night, $100 for things like wedding dances. I don't know what that would correlate
with today's money, but I'd probably play bass again if I could make $100 a
night.
However, I just agreed to try and work out something with a local band where
I would get about $20   a night...so.. I guess it all depends on the
situation. The $20 gig is whenever I can make it and I play 10-15 minutes per set,
probably sets. I will probably get fed in the process sometimes. I'm doing it
because it's a way to get better and have some fun. And if I blow out a harp, I
can buy a new one out of the playing money. Now... if I were playing fulltime
with a band and had to learn a bunch of stuff and really work hard at it, I
think $100 a man is fair compensation.
Anybody know any rich harp players? Other than the harp player we are not
supposed to mention?
Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb