[Harp-L] Reed dimensions and tone

In a message dated 7/21/2005 5:12:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

By the  way, Howard says on his site that he uses
Filiskoed MBs with SP20 covers.  Why? Like I said, both
models are made of the same reed material. If he  likes
the covers why not use the complete SP20 with smooth
plastic comb?  Unless he's one who belives in the comb
material issue we dare not  mention.

Yes HL does seem to believe that.  I talked to him once about  it.
  Tim Moyer pointed out to me the difference that the cover plates  make,
bet. the SP20 and the MB.  Maybe he'll give u his opinion on this.
  Fwiw, I'll be offline for about a week i think.
ron