Re: Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Blues You-Know-Who

I know for sure that BT and Popper played the theme on Roseanne for awhile (late in the series).  I also have a BT interview CD that has John and guitar player Chan Kinchla talking about playing the theme and how it led to Chan coming up with the song "Carolina Blues".  For awhile, I recall there actually being lyrics to the theme song and John was the singer.  Early in the series I think it was just music with no lyrics.

At the risk of coming out of the Blues Traveler closet and getting flamed to death, I have an 8 disc compilation of all the covers that BT preformed that were taped live.  Many of the early covers were blues tunes and had some very solid blues playing (and speed playing).  The later tunes (several of which were still blues tunes) are more like the playing we typically associate with Popper and don't always fit the song. So some is good some is bad.

If he would play the 6ob in cross maybe he could stay with it better, but some of it is just too "major".

mfugazzi67 <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Hunter
wrote:
I would be VERY surprised if IMDB got this right.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, RH

Jonathan Metts wrote:

> Not according to the IMDB, although their info is limited to the
theme song:

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094540/soundtrack
>
> Jonathan Metts

Roseanne
> series, with rare exceptions, is John "Juke" Logan, not John
Popper.

> Thanks, Richard Hunter
> hutnerharp.com

--- End forwarded message ---