RE: [Harp-L] John Popper-End of hornet's nest stirring

From: Roscoharp@xxxxxxx
If you don't like it,
that's ok. You don't have to like it or listen to  it.

Just don't tell me I shouldn't like it.

Rosco knows I'm no purist. He also knows that I am quite bent/borderline nuts. I NEVER told anyone not to like it. Maybe I just wanted to know if anyone else hears what I hear in JP's playing. Rosco gives a great passionate explanation of what he feels are positives about JP's playing. I have issues with his work only because others put him(JP-not Rosco) on a pedestal. I think the Emporer is a decent ruler, but could someone dare say: "that he has no clothes?"

I am guilty as charged, I swore that I would only be involved in MUSICAL harp-l discussions. Let's try that again.
---------------End of hornet's nest stirring-going underground again

Michael Peloquin
come to Jam Camp in San Diego, Oct 14-16, 2005
tell them Michael sent you
http://www.gindick.com
http://www.harpsax.com