[Harp-L] "hit the nail on the head"

Barbara & Ben,

You both are right about "sour grapes" and the "ghetto attitude" that the harp is only for the blues.  The harmonica is quite honorable.

Yesterday I was picking up some cd-r's and asked the manager of the store if indeed these cd's could record music.  He said, "Yes, are you a musician?"  My answer was yes and I play harmonica.  Before I could blink he asked if I played blues.  My reply was "sure" but my passion is for gospel.  With a big grin he said, "Mine, too."  We traded our home-spun cd's.

Not intending on stirring up a hornet's nest, we can all respect each others love for a particular type of music.  Our common ground is that we do harmonica.  We were given this talent to share with others, be we amateurs or professionals.  Whether we like them or not, we learn from other harp players to enhance our own styles.

The harmonica, both the diatonic and chromatic, is a fantastic instrument that fits every type of music from pre-school tunes to symphony.  This humble harmonica can do nothing by itself, but with the breath it is an astounding music maker.  And that transition is "music to the ears of the beholder".

Remember that this is "harp-l" and it's about everything pertaining to harmonicas and what SPAH stands for - the preservation and advancement of the harmonica.

Be kind to each other.

Rudene

"Thought can affect the behavior of matter."