Re: [Harp-L] Clint Black

Steve. Agreed. Leaving all considerations of "better/best" aside, I think it's fair to say that no one plays harp as well as Clint Black without loving the instrument and paying a great deal of attention and time to it, and I'd put Huey Lewis in the same category. Both play technically and musically competent harp that "fits" their music very well.

Ron

Moandabluz@xxxxxxx wrote:

I tried this one [Put Yourself in My Shoes] on harp at a little jam session in a bar at a resort one time. I had heard the song enough to know how the lick went, but I had to fake part of it. I later worked it out, but I maintain that he's a heckuva harp player for a guy who is really a singer-type artist.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb