TBall

Hurricane Sez :

My 60 watt tube Marshall amp w/twin 12's Celestions ( don't have that monster anymore ) I replaced with a 60 watt Cavin hybrid tube/x-tor that has a really wet type vintage Fender reverb sound while using only one single 12" British Blaster ( which is one bad puppy of a speaker ) . I chose this Carvin amp over the Marshall for two reasons .

#1: Marshall had no reverb .

#2: Marshall was breaking my back .

To it I have this Ibanez PC-40 . Its really a killer delay that also has Flange ( Don't cringe on me Tom Ball heh heh and don't beat me like an ugly step child for this because I have heard you and man you are just the best in my books :) chorus , and a harmonizer with individual pitch shifter controls .

The Chorus :

I can control the pitch on the three areas when I do chord sounds using only one note on my harp , ( it's an old timey baby circa 1980 something ) in the root the 3rd & the fifth so it is super accurate as can be when I want to use it .

flanger :

I just flange out when I feel the urge and know it's going to compliment the song when it's a Hendrix or similar feel .

This Ibanez unit has been used a lot over the years I have had it and is duck taped together in places ( the floor stomp switch assembly ) , the heart of the unit is in a rack sitting on top of my Carvin tube amp .

Many guitarist have asked me if I want to me sell it to them ...but... NO WAY !

When combined with the reverb on my Carvin the combination is nothing less than stellar .

What applications can I get out of this to harmonica ? -- I thought you'd never ask ....... sooooo ........ that asked .

#1. When I want to or are in a situation with guitarist into Jimmy Hendrix ..... I can rip out a sound that makes the lead guitarist go "° ø what the heck how'd he do that ? ! " And then go back to what ever feel I am into that night ( grooves come and go ya know ) .

#2: When using the chorus with it's ability to micro adjust the root , third & fifths I can go " World Beat " type sounds .

#3: When I want a feed back howling sound like guitarist get ( Like Jimmy & Others ) , I use the reverb & deeeeeeeleay . I get up really close to the cabinet and gauge just how close to get to get that howl going and then drop back and then ( this is hard to describe so bear with me grrrrrr ) twisting my body away as if to " throw the sound physically as I do a trunk twister with my torso as I step away from my Carvin as the feed back kicks the sound to the next level and literally throws it out physically like you can not belive untill your there seeing and hearing me do it . I make guitarist nervous heh heh heh . Crowds love it .

#4: The harmonizer lets me dig way way low and get that " Manic Mechanic " sound you first heard popularized with ZZ TOPS vocal , or get way up in the stratosphere with a quick " tweak " .

For Tom Ball . I don't use any of this stuff when I do an acoustic show when plugged into a P.A. . On a P.A. for the acoustic sound I rely on the reverb's and delay's of other units . And it is used sparingly too .

Of all the stuff I see in recording studios , I see this Ibanez the most of all when it comes to vintage stuff plugged into a recording studio's mixing console with Lexicons and other stuff like what recording engineers use that are experience and in the " Know " in the recording business . So I snached it up for $100.00 in 1991 used in so so cosmetic condition but structurally in get shape .

There are others here that get " way out " there with their sounds , experimenting and trying to find that " elusive groove " , searching for new sounds and pioneering new soundscape horizons

-- Some days I want to get cosmic , ethereal and just plane wild and space bound into the milky way and hop on a comet and dig the ride ---

----Other days I want to touch Sonny Terry , Duford Bailey & Charlie McCoy . Other days I want to bite down hard on Little Walter , Butterfield , and other greats from the past . It all depends on how I feel on a given day . --

Now since my little miracle that has me playing guitar now , this Ibanez is something I would kill for to protect . It's simple to use and killer diller for both my harmonica playing and now my guitar too ( oh and add in my keyboard as well to this equation ) !

It is so clean and transparent ( Ibanez ) I use it sometimes for my vocals when I use my guitar/harmonica amp to triple duty as a P.A. for my vocals ( quadruple with the keyboard ) . Neat clean and very low tech for those little casuals I get that pay a decent buck for a solo show .

With this set up the combinations of genres & venues seems limitless to me . I play sometimes with thrash head banging kids and surprise them when I can match or surpass them ( it happens more than you think ) I use it in Country Western and Rock-A-Billy performances , Hendrix stuff YOU BET !

Besides this low tech I have a high powered big P.A. for gigs that pay really good $ with big folded horn cabinets and big Altec Lansing horns & JBL drivers .

I am a boyscout at heart , ° " Be prepared " !

Plane and simply put I want to play it all .

Sincerely :

Hurricane RamÛn

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx