From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Gaustad
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:23 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Do you move your mouth or your harp?

I think it was Sonny Boy Williamson who said something to the effect
that if you move your harp when you're playing and not your mouth on the
harp, you're not playing.  I can't find the exact quote but the essence
is that the best way to play is to hold the harp in the same position
and move your mouth over the holes.  That's the way I play...but not
exactly.  I'll move the harp ends up or down depending upon how much I'm
getting into it and what I'm trying to do, but I'll never move it side
to side.

I'm curious if any of you play harp by moving it side to side with your
head stationary or close to it at least.

Robert Gaustad