[Harp-L] Re: "That's All"

Tim wrote:

>Pretty cool, David!  Are you using the MIDI capabilities of the Helicon
>to get the harmony shifts?  Also, which model of vocal processor are
>you using?  Do you use the pitch correction on the "main" signal, or
>pitch lock on the harmonies?

Dang Tim!  You want me to spill all my secrets?   Well ok, I guess that's what Harp-L is for!

Band-in-a-Box 2005 includes the TC-Helion software.  TC-Helion has two different ways of
generating harmonies.  The simplest way doesn't require a midi file, you just play and it analyzes
what you play and generates harmonies based on the chords of the song.  "Girl Talk" was created
entirely with this method.   I also used it on the bridge of "That's All."

But you get a lot more control and tweakable options this other way:   First I play my harp line.
Then I go back and create a midi line closely approximating what I already played on the harp (I
use a midi keyboard, but you could use a mouse or some other input device if you prefer.)
TC-Helion becomes much more flexible and powerful if it has a midi line for reference.   The "A"
parts of "That's All" were created using this approach.