Re: [Harp-L] re: reverb and delay

www.alesis.com

The midiverb is programmable with 256 alterable effects. It will run 3 effects simulataneously and you can add another 128 of your own programs. While it has an 18 bit A/D converter it's internal processor is as I mentioned earlier but less specificly 24 bit. This is a studio quality rack mount effects unit. Chorus, flange, delay, reverb, and pitch effects. It's true stereo and it has a 90 dB dynamic range. Hard to overload it and make it do that awful digital distortion thing.

The Nanoverb is only 16 preset effects and they aren't programmable. Delay, reverb, stereo chorus, flange and a Leslie speaker emmulator. It's not 24 bit internal and it lacks the graphical user interface. Dials and knobs are all you get. It also costs a lot les than the Midiverb and it represents a good value if you can get even one useful sound out of it. I don't own one so I can't comment on that. If Richard Hunter says it's a useful piece of gear I'd be ready to take that to the bank.

fjm