[Harp-L] the Holy Grail

Finally found the Holy Grail of harp amps. The Space Animals guitarist, Steve,
built a tweed champ clone a couple years years ago. Nice amp, Steve put in a
blackface eq and a couple switches (one has something to do with bypassing a
feedback something or another).There's also a real tweed champ at his house
with tons more soul. The old five and dime in town is being renovated. Steve
took home about 12 8 inch Utah speakers from the public address system Two of
those ancient eight inch speakers alligator clipped to the champ clone...wow.
Oh my. Exactly the sound I've been looking for. The tweed champ has a thick
honey distortion but the clone has attitude and a wicked crisp attack. Breaks
up almost immediately.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm