Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Fireball

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bobby " BlackHat" Walters" <bobby@xxxx>

>It took a while to sink into my head that it's not meant to
> be a Green Bullet or JT-30 clone.  It's new, it's different, has it's own
> sound, doesn't feedback, and looks pretty cool.

How are you using the mic, through the PA, an amp?  I'd like to get some
feedback from someone who's used the mic through a low power tube amp,
like a Pro Jr, Champ,  Kazoo, etc...  Thanks...  Mark

Mark, I like the Fireball best through my Pro Jr.  because the amp breaks up nicely at low
volume and so it takes the edge off; the other amps you mention are probably even more
that way.  (And that isn't to say that it is my favorite microphone through the PJ -- a lot of
them sound great.)  To my ear, the Fireball is a bit brittle through a higher powered amp
like a 4x10 -- I prefer controlled reluctance or dynamic for that.  Of course all this is
highly subjective.  And someone else made a comment I agree with -- it's hard to get the
cupping/uncupping wah with the fireball.  Also, this has been about using the Fireball
hand held -- I haven't experimented with it much yet on a stand.  --john k.