Re: [Harp-L] Re: Hearing yourself

Will writes:
a bunch of clever stuff

An interesting take on a vexing problem. Socio economic class is definitely correlated to other health issues and their mitigation or lack thereof. My personal experiences would allow me to add that many people who play music in louder settings do so in a somewhat impaired state of judgement. Society also plays a role, the setting of expectations. I always expect that music will be loud, theatres loud, movies loud. It is what we've come to expect. I suspect that as with smoking this may be the tyranny of the minority. I've never been able to understand why we weigh active and passive equally. Making people not breathe smoke isn't harmful to them in any permanent way. fjm