[Harp-L] Recording a gig with an mp3 player

I have a iRiver mp3 player that evidently has the
capability to record.  Has anybody ever tried
recording a show with an mp3 player?  I suppose you
could either connect it to a mic, or run a lineout
from the soundboard.

I guess I would want something that is a similar
quality to the Jason Ricci shows on archive.org.

Comments?

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail