RE: [Harp-L] Recording a gig with an mp3 player

I've seen guys use ol' crappy radio-shack cassette recorders.  Not sure of the result...

I use a Sharp MDMT-15 minidisc recorder and a Sony microphone.  I forget the model, but it's the cost-effective mic that tapers seem to be ok with.

The mic works pretty well for the cost, and comes with a 1/8" in.

Pre-amp and record level control are key.   You don't want to distort if you're recording something loud.

Harp Content:  Recording your playing (either on stage or while practicing) can really help you improve.  It's difficult at first to listen to yourself, but once you get used to it, the benefits are huge.

Discover Yahoo!