RE: [Harp-L] Subject: TINNITUS - Ringing in the ears - hearing loss

Hi Elizabeth

I've had tinnitus for 15 years, and about 10 years ago I had lots of tests, and thankfully I have a type of tinnitus that's not associated with hearing loss. I have two permanent sounds in my right ear, one very high-pitched and the other a low rumble. They are there all the time. I'm no great believer in mind-over-matter, but in this particular instance it has worked for me. I emphasise that I'm speaking very personally, and what works for me is not the basis of advice for anyone else. But I decided that this scourge was for me and me alone to conquer. Tinnitus support groups and the like are just not for me. I now live quite happily with it, though absolute silence is a luxury I can rarely afford! Harp content - listening to and playing music are exceptionally therapeutic. Playing especially!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm