Subject: [Harp-L] JR @ red bank and then Long Island - 2 different worlds

Gary writes: (snipped) "jason ricci and new blood played  another incredible
show last night to a cold, wet, and very happy crowd at the  red bank jazz and
blues festival in red bank, nj."

.... that makes me feel just a bit better about the  disappointingly low
turnout at Paula Jeans tonight on Long Island,  Gary.  I was amazed by how few
people came, while immensely  pleased that I then got to meet Jason one-on-one.
He is as down to earth  and approachable as everyone's said.  By the time New
Blood finished their  last number, only 3 of us were in our small area of the
club with a handful  of other patrons scattered throughout.  Vastly different
from how I  had envisioned it.  Someone later explained that Friday nights at
Paula  Jeans are "the" big blues nights there, and the owner would  have
booked Jason regardless of when they could get him as he  just loves him so much,
so that made me feel a lot better.  I am  now a Bona fide member of the Jason
Ricci fan club.  I introduced  myself to JR as he was setting up and he
insisted on "giving a hug to a Harp-l  lister" and then having me bring him back to
introduce him to Warren another  Harp-l lister I mentioned was present.  Such a
cool guy, is our Mr.  Ricci.  His show was unbelievable.  I'm still trying to
figure out how  he does what he does with a harmonica!  He gives everything
to the music  and his audience. My impression was that he would have played his
heart out  had there been only one person left in the club.  He is a class
act.
Elizabeth