Re: [Harp-L] Chromanticism

I share your frustration, I think the best solution is to take up playing the Sax. That would mean back to zero with an instrument that is equally hard to master because of mouth shaping and breathing technique etc.; the other problem is to learn to improvise in several keys which is a big job.

Probably the easiest would be to learn guitar or bass, you avoid the mouth thing and you can often change keys by simply sliding up and down the neck. But everyone plays these things.

Getting back to frustration, I think most everyone is frustrated at some level. When you lean to play like Charlie Parker you probably wish you could play like Stan Getz or Ben Webster. Is frustration a good thing or a bad thing? if we were satisfied we would stagnate.

I really wish my parents had got me music lessons when I was a kid.

Pierre.

BTW, you forgot the XB-40 or perhaps better, the XB-40 melody, its a bit shrill but I think that can be fixed to some extent with good technique and some filtering.