Re: [Harp-L] Significant others - no harp

This is why I practice (harp and singing at least) when I'm by myself. I can get away with playing the guitar softly.

The only time I can listen to music is also when I'm by myself.

Is it worth it? Beats me.

MLeFree wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Just wondering how you all get along with your significant other.
Does your significant other do some of the following:

Turn down the volume when it is at a reasonable level.
Turn the stereo off on you when you got for a leak.
Ask you: oh pleeeeaaaase, no music tonight.
Ask you: can you change the music.

Oh, geez, Pierre, you poor dear.  You are making me have some ~nasty~
flashbacks.

These things kind of grate on my nerves after a while. Seems to
me the effect is additive, the longer it goes on, the more
annoyed you get.

Is there any help for this?

Well, Pierre, you've probably guessed what I'm about to suggest.  Take heart
knowing that I was able to effect a complete and permanent cure for that
very problem, though it cost a fortune and the misery I in which was mired
due to the "treatment" dragged on for months.  Now I listen to and play my
music ~loud~, whenever I want!

Your course is clear.  You must decide which is more important to you, your
music--which, if you're like me, is a significant component of your life
force--or that tasteless, conniving, and sneaky S/O of yours.

Lemme think a minute here...

OTOH, I've already said more than enough. ;)

Good luck,

Michelle