[Harp-L] Last minute message from Scott Dirks

This message was forwarded to me from Scott Dirks. I think this is gonna be very special.
buzz........................................ 8-)

I have a last-minute gig that I'm trying to publicize, and it occurred to me that some folks on your 'mailing list' might be interested in it. So if you think it's worth passing along, please do.

Next Saturday, June 11th, in the middle of the Chicago Blues Festival,
Smokedaddy BBQ is having their first annual all-day indoor/outdoor
party/pig roast.  They'll have live music and BBQ from lunchtime through
closing, and there's no cover charge.  *The blues part of the program
starts at 6:30pm (dinner hour! A perfect respite from the crush of the
crowds at Blues Fest!) with my band, The Chicago Bound Blues Band,
followed by Billy Flynn & The Flynntones at 10pm.*  I've got several
friends in town for the blues festival who are great harp players, and
I'm inviting them to come by and sit in during my set.  Among those who
I *hope* to have sitting in are:
*
Bob Corritore* from Phoenix - the former Chicagoan who produced the only
Little Willie Anderson and Big Leon Brooks LPs - Bob is a great harp
player and is on tons of great recordings.
*
Randy Chortkoff* - producer/record label owner/harp player from Los
Angeles - he's played on a number of the recordings, most recently the
Mannish Boys, and is the only person I know of OTHER than Rod Piazza to
play harp on a Rod Piazza record!
*
Steve Guyger* - A great harp player from Philadelphia, former member of
blues great Jimmy Rogers' band, has several CDs out, and is one of Paul
Oscher's favorite harp players - and that's saying something!

*Al Blake* - Former frontman of the legendary Hollywood Fats Band,
currently leading The Hollywood Blue Flames, not only a great harp
player and vocalist, but a great guitarist too.  I don't think Al has
played in Chicago since the 1970s (although I may be wrong).

Nothing is guaranteed, and it's not officially a "jam session", but if
any of these guys are in the house, they'll be sitting in.  And if none
of them show up, I'll still be there doing my best to sound as good as
Little Walter did on an off night...

Again, there's no cover, Smokedaddy has good BBQ, and there isn't much
else going on if you're not in the crush of drunken amateur blues fans
seeing Buddy Guy at blues fest.

Hope to see you there.

*Smokedaddy BBQ
1804 W. Division