Re: [Harp-L] Significant others - no harp

    Pierre> Ask you: oh pleeeeaaaase, no music tonight.
    Pierre> Ask you: can you change the music.

A pair of headphones and a silent harmonica would help?

I use TurboHarp covers for much of my practice, mainly because they
are easy to remove for little adjustments to the reeds, but the covers
also bring another advantage for practice:

Because the bigger covers give a larger opening in the back of the
harmonica, you can stick a piece of paper towel into it to muffle the
sound. I guess this cuts the volume about in half. Not a bad idea if
you want to spare family and friends .. such as "I'm working on my
flat overblows, dear, can you hear how I've improved since last
month?"  :)

The paper towel mute is a bit unsophisticated, though. I wish there
were a harmonica thing one could buy that would work like a trumpet
player's practice mute. Suggestions welcome!