[Harp-L] Re: Subject Ricci review

Elizabeth wrote:
>...I don't  really see why I can't work on both diatonics and
>chromatics -   if you read JR's own review of his favorite
>harp players it's clear that while he's not fond of chroms he
>definitely likes melody and jazz.   One thing I've learned here
>at Harp-l -- there's room for us all

Aaahh... then I gather you must have missed Dennis Gruenling's Net-stream
radio show on WFDU last week, Elizabeth!  During the cuttin' up between the
host and Jason, Dennis's guest DJ for the show, the first 2/3's of the
program was packed with several of Jason's picks [like Paul DeLay, William
Clarke, even a new number by New Blood's guitarist, Shawn] and as many by
Ricci and band as well.

Near the end of Jason's visit, Dennis span a tune from Jason's "early years",
obviously not much a long time ago for young blood Ricci!  Don't recall the
title, but it was Jason all the way on chromatic, sort of jump blues style
[well, hey, after all, he was a guest on Gruenling's show!! :)]  Not too bad,
either, although it was followed by a Jason pick by William Clarke, and
well... let's just say maybe Jason was modestly making a counterpoint to the
full-toned chromatic blues marvel that Clarke obviously was!  Still, it was a
tasty cut on Jason's part, and he spoke about wanting to get back into it a
little bit now that he's finding a new appreciation for chromatic again, most
likely from being around the likes of Dennis and others these days who really
got that chromatic thing workin' big time... or is that "Jump Time"?!?  :)))

Lucky thing your noggin-rapper's not a Renny, Elizabeth, or you might just be
a widow by now! ;)

Cheers!
Bobbie
>>>   bobbie giordano   <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>   harp spoken here   <<<