Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject Ricci review

Bobbi wrote:

"Aaahh... then I gather you must have missed Dennis Gruenling's  Net-stream
radio show on WFDU last week, Elizabeth!  During the cuttin'  up between the
host and Jason, Dennis's guest DJ for the show, the first  2/3's of the
program was packed with several of Jason's picks [like Paul  DeLay, William
Clarke, even a new number by New Blood's guitarist, Shawn] and  as many by
Ricci and band as well.

Near the end of Jason's visit,  Dennis span a tune from Jason's "early years",
obviously not much a long time  ago for young blood Ricci!  Don't recall the
title, but it was Jason all  the way on chromatic, sort of jump blues style
[well, hey, after all, he was  a guest on Gruenling's show!! :)]  Not too bad,
either, although it was  followed by a Jason pick by William Clarke, and
well... let's just say maybe  Jason was modestly making a counterpoint to the
full-toned chromatic blues  marvel that Clarke obviously was!  Still, it was a
tasty cut on Jason's  part, and he spoke about wanting to get back into it a
little bit now that  he's finding a new appreciation for chromatic again, most
likely from being  around the likes of Dennis and others these days who really
got that  chromatic thing workin' big time... or is that "Jump Time"?!?   :)))

Lucky thing your noggin-rapper's not a Renny, Elizabeth, or you  might just be
a widow by now!  ;)

Cheers!
Bobbie
>>>    bobbie giordano    <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>    harp spoken here   <<<

........Hi Bobbie:  Actually I DID listen in to Dennis' radio show  that day
with Jason "playing guest DJ" with New Blood.  The  chromatic tune JR recorded
(if I remember - he said 11 years ago) was  "Cuttin' with the Button", and
while he did allude to wanting to get back into  chromatics, I didn't really
believe him.  I don't think he's "there"   - yet.  Perhaps at some future point.
I know he appreciates  those who like Dennis are absolute virtuosos on
chroms.   But  finally seeing Jason live on stage and getting to see him play,
inhabit and  breathe his harps (not just through them)(I know, I know -- I'm waxing
just a  bit too poetic here) I can't imagine him playing chromatics other
than on  an occasional number or two any time soon.

Speaking of the Renny -- the last time I looked it was still in the working
stage -- not yet ready for full noggin-rapping status? I might be needing one
of  those soon! <G>
Elizabeth