From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Vern Smith
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:01 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Boor Harp Cradle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith, Richard" <rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:39 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Boor Harp Cradle

> Just wondering if anyone has tried the "BOOR HARP CRADLE" that's sold
> at the Best Lil Harp House website?
>
> http://www.harphouse.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=418

This is a new-to-me harp-holder offering. I have just ordered one for
"competitive evaluation" and will report on it...even if my report will be
suspect.  After I evaluate it, it will be for sale at a substantial
discount.

IMO, a harp holder needs three adjustments:

1. Up/Down.  From the picture it appears that the "dog chain" neck yoke can
be raised or lowered and meets this ciiterion.
2. In/Out.  It appears that this is met by shortening or lengthening of the
"dog chain".
3. Harp angle.  I see no provision in the picture for harp angle adjustment.

It appears to obscure a very large part of the performer's face.

Visit my harmonica website: http://www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com to see my
Ergonomic-Neck-Rack for comparison. I modestly admit that my ENR is, so far,
the "gold standard" of neck racks and has been welll received by not only
chromatic but also diatonic players.  Although their numbers are few, their
enthusiasm is high.  The Boor Cradle might possibly put an end to that
claim.  If this $27 (delivered) rack has adequate stability and
adjustability for the Hands-Free-Chromatic, I will recommend it and cease
the in-garage production of my $200 Ergonomic-Neck-Rack.

Vern