Re: Re: [Harp-L] A Hohner Pro is Shredding My Tongue

Pierre wrote:
> In this case its just a bad design (compared to a SP20). I cannot
> understand why Hohner would keep selling such a bad design.
Perhaps
> if these harps were $5.99 it would be OK.

Ironically, the Blues Band and Pocket Pal (and Old Standby and GLH
and on and on) are less than $5.99, and they have the same design as
the Special 20.

I think Hohner's idea was to make one design that they could use to
replace several of their non-MS models, which included the Blues
Harp and the Meisterklasse, which were traditional sandwich design
(like the Marine Band) as well as the full-mouthpiece models like
the Pro Harp and the Cross Harp.  It's hard to make a single design
of plate that can be both overhanging and recessed.  It's hard to
make a recessed mouthpiece in a wood comb and in a metal comb.  So
overhanging won out.

-tim