Re: [Harp-L] "HARP TO HEART"-- featuring "themillion dollar harmonica quintet"

Hey Rob,

Thanks for this post! I missed Randy's original
post (I've been very bad about staying current on
Harp-L since getting a promotion at my day job and
have tended to delete wholesale for lack of time to
keep up).

A Big THANKS to Randy Singer for making this
awesome recording available to the world-wide
harpin' community. And another big thanks to Julian
Dawson (whom I've never met) who put it all
together. What a great tune! It is country but
seemlessly morphs into jazz, rock, funk to
accomodate the various performers. A truly great
arrangement!

I wouldn't have thought it possible to combine the
strengths of this diverse group of harping giants
into one song, but there it is!. I mean McCoy,
Johnson and Dawson are pretty much in the country
camp, but with Singer and Levy in there the musical
path is simply amazing. Yet, it all hangs together
as a beautiful whole.

Excellent work!

Harpin' in Colorado,
-- Ken M. (late for work again)

P.S. I bet Mr. Rob P. would have added yet another
amazing wrinkle to that tune, had he been there
that day.
:-)

--- Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I wanted to respond to Randy Singer's post and
> link that he has made
> available via his website.
>
> I listened to the track that Julian Dawson wrote
> and produced many yrs ago
> in Nashville....
> which featured some of the Heaviest players
> around:

Discover Yahoo!