Re: [Harp-L] I want to play chromatic like Stevie

Hi Slim

Put your tongue flatter, so it will make a larger contact with the palette compared to the staccato you're used to.
At least that's how I got (close to) the sound.

Ludo

Slim Heilpern wrote:
Thanks for the tip Rob! I've always been able to get a nice staccato
using the technique you describe, but it doesn't have the explosive
quality that I hear in Stevie's technique. Or I should say, for me, as
the click gets louder I lose the ability to effectively push or pull air
through the harmonica at the same time, so I'm left with all click and no note. But perhaps if I keep trying.... ;-)

<<> Try clicking the tip of your tongue of the top of your upper palette,