[Harp-L] Re: "the pulse"

re:  Here is a link to what i think is a good example of the
'sound' In the first 20 seconds of the song it really comes out.
              Anyone got an exact description of what michael is doing
here?
          I think i know,albeit i can't do it,but would love someone to
actually spell it out as it were.
                PS> there is some IMHO seriously good harp on this CD

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michaelfell

...........at first i thought i was going to hear a "pulse" like the frequency "beats" one gets from playing, say an octave with two slightly off tune notes, like when tuning a guitar, or like william clarke used so famously....i listened to the link you provided...that sounds to me like straightforward vibrato....throat/diaphragm vibrato particularly...

p.s. never heard of michael fell before...but it sounded great so i ordered the cd from cdbaby!!

have a swingin' weekend!

cletus