   Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:54:12 +1000
   From: "hazcon" <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] The pulse"

There has been some recent talk about a 'certain' sound that some harp
players can get:variously described as a pulse or beat of a vamp
underlying
the note
     I love this sound but just can't seem to generate it to any degree
even
when i do the most commonly outlined method of a tongue slap,it just
ain't
the same.
                     Here is a link to what i think is a good example
of the
'sound' In the first 20 seconds of the song it really comes out.
               Anyone got an exact description of what michael is doing
here?
           I think i know,albeit i can't do it,but would love someone
actually spell it out as it were.
                 PS> there is some IMHO seriously good harp on this CD

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michaelfell
 the track Grind me up
Rick
in NZ