[Harp-L] Re: mic'ing an amp without a mic stand

er, i have a small , threaded standard mic threaded flange ( sold wearever goosenecks are sold, including Radio Shack) screwed to the top of my Bassman , i keep a gooseneck in my gig-box.

the gooseneck simply threads onto the flange, then you can mic your amp anytime anywhere without using a mic stand or hanging a mic in front of the amp . this is a bit better than hanging a mic thru the handle since it allows you to point the mic at the amp better. soundmen in a variety of situations always think that is cool since mic stands are sometimes in short supply, especially the little tiny mic stands. in addition, what else you can also thread onto that flange is only limited by your imagination.

cw