Re: [Harp-L] '58 & '59 Bassman Circuitry Differences

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Iwan" <haliwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 8:33 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] '58 & '59 Bassman Circuitry Differences

Hello list

If a '58 Bassman has a date of 4/20/58 on the tube chart that says it is a 5F6-A, does that mean it has the same circuitry as a '59 Bassman(5F6-A) ?? I thought/read/heard that the late '58s through '60 were the same as a '59.

Thanks as always for any help..

Hal Iwan

Hi,
If it has the 5F6A sticker, then that's the classic Bassman that is MOST desirable for both harp and guitar, and that's considered a '59. The '58 I believe is a 5F6 or 5E6, and the single BEST reference to find out about the differences in the circuitry is, as I've posted MANY times on the subject of this amp, is to get yourself a copy of Kendrick Amps owner Gerald Weber's book, "A Desktop Reference of Hip Vintage Guitar Amps," which contains THE single BEST chapter ever written about the tweed Bassman amps, explaining EVERYTHING in tremendous detail from the first ones mide in 1955 all the way to the '59 Bassmans and the differences between the real deal and the reissues. You can get this book thru either his website http://www.kendrick-amps.com or thru http://www.amazon.com or http://www.bn.com.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com