[Harp-L] iTunes

Hello
iTunes pays labels $.65 for the sale of one single song download. They keep the rest of the $.99. It is up to the label to give the money to the artists. If the artists owe the labels money it is recouped through sales. If the artist or label uses a distributor like I.R.I.S. to rip their CDs into digital files and place their products for sale at digital retailers the $.65 is further diluted. The label will not pay the artist sale by sale as this costs more in accounting than it's worth. Who wants to write or recieve a $.17 check? The label is probably waiting for the sales to amount to $20.00 as CD Baby does. If the artist is selling directly to iTunes and iTunes is slow in paying, it is probably because they are waiting for an accumulation of sales to cut a check. I prefer using Napster to buy music online.
Peace
Steve Merola