Re: [Harp-L] Re: Mustache safety.

I've found Special 20s to be most accommodating to facial hair. mine
gets a bit bushy at times, and although there's an occasional pluck,
right from the root, ooo, you know what I'm talking about, overall it's
not an issue (the tear welling up in my eye adds drama to the
performance.)  I find Suzuki cover plates will rip hair just about every
time, Huang Silvertone, with a similar design to Suzuki, not as much
ripping (but more than S20.)  As far as chroms, hit the whammy bar on
"The Chromonica - 260" and it gets a bunch every time, whereas, the "64
Chromonica - 280" is, to me, facial hair friendly.  I've been wanting to
get a CX12 for a while, now, with Siegfried and John's testimony, I've
got yet another reason.

Jim.

>>> <MundHarp@xxxxxxx> 6/14/2005 4:23:29 AM >>>
When I had a beard and moustache, I was playing Lee Oskar diatonic
harps, and
they were fine in terms of "moustache safety "... But I went back to
using
Hohner diatonics, (which I much prefer), and then I became clean shaven
again.
Siegfried is quite right about CX-12 chromatic harps, they are fine for
'tache
owners...  Best wishes
John Walden
London