Fwd: [Harp-L] gear

yeah tube swaps, its as easy as that with the sonny jr  410, i mean it is
basically all the best of a 59/60 bassman, now if you want  that BIG fat bassman
sound this has to be the amp to go for, i have put in NOS  tubes in mines, all
the pre amps are NOS bought from ebay,only one dud and  even that was
replaced by the seller, NOS is the only way to go and with ebay it  ain't even that
expensive, although to be fair sonny gives you all the tubes you  need plus
spares, its up to you what you want from the amp.
you see sonny has spent years perfecting as close as he can  hear what he
considers great, so for each of us that could be something slightly  different,
so take what you get from sonny and then with your own ear tweak it,  like
after nearly a year i went full on for NOS tubes, my choice, what does that  give
me, great choice of tones, plenty loud amp, its the speakers, the circuit,
the cab, theres just so much to consider.
sure i would love to try everything else, but look around, we  all really
want some sort of 4x10, try to see that, what you buy can be  improved, tweaked,
all sorts are possible, and sonny is open to whatever you  have to say, he
always has time to hear our endless questions and he knows his  stuff about amps
and playing (you heard this guy play...top  player)!

as for me yep i've had times when i thought ok i'll sell this  on now try
this or that, but next day i just crank her up and fall in love  again, right now
i run my 410 like a stock 59 bassman GZ34,tung sols the lot,  very loud, its
awesome 100% bassman sound, good thing is when it comes to  recording you
could do so much with it through tube swapping, just use you  imagination,i know i
could never part with this amp!
if you like the classic tweed look, four ten inch speakers,a  bacon fat
sizzle, then yeah sonny's 410 is the amp i would recommend, i'm  sure others will
suggest other amps.
i'm in no way affilated with sonny other than,i bought my amp  from him, he
has answered/read all my questions and wee rants about what i think  about
blues and stuff, and always willing to hear what you might have to say  about his
product and what you/he can do to improve on it,he is a very gen  guy, and i
get all that from emails with him!

mac
_www.thegroovecats.co.uk_ (http://www.thegroovecats.co.uk)