Re: [Harp-L] Re: National Anthem on Harp

In a message dated 6/16/05 6:59:05 PM, jaguire@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> i played the Star Spangled Banner on chromatic last season at our local
> minor league baseball stadium and will be doing it again this next thursday
> night ..very decent PA system ( wireless mic at home plate) , so it's quite
> huge...i try to make it nice and patriotic....single notes ( in 'first
> position ' is it were)  up 'till  "o'er the land of the free and the home of
> the brave"  where i'm going big octaves and various  embellishments at the
> ending.

I'm playing it next week at a baseball game, with no amplification.. I wonder
how that will turn out. The game is a re-creation of old-time baseball and
being held at the local historical center. Would a megaphone of some kind help
much in this situation?
And, I too play in first position, but single notes all the way. I've been
considering a little fancier finish,but probably not yet.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb