RE: [Harp-L] Marion's Mood

Hi -

For Marion's Mood, the first few notes are as follows:

2d - 3d' - 4b (more like a chord) - 4d'_4d
directly into a tongue trill on the 2d-5d/6d
(like an split-tongue octave, but moving tongue side
to side)

On the tongue-trill he lets the 6d sneak in, so it's
not a real clean octave style tongue trill. Also, the
opening two notes (2d-3d') have the tongue "vamp"
effect, some call it a tongue "slap". This is where
the tongue is off the harp when you start breathing
the note, but is immediately placed on the harp, so
you hear the chord you are covering with your mouth
for an instant before you hear the clean single note.

(3d' = 3 draw 1/2 step bend)

Hope this helps...figured I'd reply since I was
partially responsible!

-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com

Yahoo! Sports