[Harp-L] Tube Help for Harmony H-400C

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Tube Help for Harmony H-400C

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron kazmer" <gripwillie@xxxxxxxxx>

I am new to tube amps and was lucky enough to get a Harmony H-400C for only $30.00 buck Cdn in almost mint with Harmony tubes.

Unfortunately, you need to sell the amp. It was built without a transformer and is driven with 110 line voltage. If the amp shorts out and you've got a bullet mic pressed up against your face, the party's all over. I had a mint 35 year old Silvertone that actually sounded pretty good with the same tube config that I sold rather quickly after I got the run down from my amp tech. Guitar palyers are even afraid of thes amps, and that should tell you something...Mark

If it was unsafe to use, to whom did you sell it? ;o)

If it were mine, and the amp sounded good, and I wanted to use it; I would
plug it into a plug-strip that includes a ground-fault circuit protector.
Such plug-strips are relatively inexpensive and are available at your local
hardware store.  Then you might be even safer than if the amp had a
transformer because transformers can short out.

Vern

Visit my harmonica website: http://www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com