[Harp-L] Tube Help for Harmony H-400C

Willie Harp Boy-

This amp does not have a power transformer, and accordingly uses tubes that are different from amps that have a power transformer. It will probably sound good with the tubes it has. I think there is scant info regarding tube subs in an amp like yours.

The biggest concern is making the amp safe to use, as it may not be possible to ground the chassis. A line power isolation transformer is needed. Some amps have them, some don't. If your amp has two transformers, one is probably an isolation transformer and one is an output transformer. If it has just one transformer, it is an output transformer. Personally, I would not use an amp like this without an isolation transformer and grounded chassis because of shock risk.

Jim