Re: [Harp-L] Chrom alternate tuning, be bop

One more altered chrom. tuning that I've been using for awhile is an extended
version of a C6/D6, the alterations being the 4th hole C down to A (C# to
Bb), and F up to F# (Gb to G). I prefer a version that starts on A ( it's
interesting how many standards have low notes in the melody between A and C), so it's
really an Am7/Bm7 harp with root position being the 4 hole blow = G major.
Each hole has a full step between the blow and draw note, and when 1/2
valved, has some nice juicy bending capabilities.
Lots of enharmonics, and utilizing the draw bends - without using the slide -
11 notes of the chromatic scale are available ( slide out, only Eb is
missing, slide in -E)
...Just another arrow in the quiver.
-Ed Coogan,
Gainesville FL.