  Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:48:39 -0500
  From: "Gary Bohannon" <beauxart2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Dano Special Series D Model 68... schematic?

Just got one of these amps, made in '55 and in incredible shape. Looks like a 1x12" version of the 'Walter amp. It has tremelo and the following tube lineup:

6X5 rectifier
2x6V6GT power
6SJ7
12AX7
12AX7

When I got the amp and opened it up to change the filter caps/new cord etc, I noticed a small resistor across pins 6 and 8 of the rectifier tube... burned up beyond recognition. Tried to measure it and got readings anywhere from 1.6k ohms to around 600 ohms. I need to know what that resistor is. One of the pins, I think 8 (?) has a 16mfd X 450 volt cap tied to it.

The other burnt resistor is between the two power tubes and ties pin 8 of one tube and pin 1 of the other together. I looked inside my Silvertone 1432 (which has a similar tube lineup using a 6X5 rectier) and noticed that the resistor is 220 ohm... but no resistor across the rectifier tube... rats! So I think I'm halfway there...

Any help, or a schematic, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Gary B.
Nashville