RE: [Harp-L] - set up

Rainbow Jimmy wrote:

"With all due respect I've been playing for 30 years and never got under
the covers. I play Lee Oskars right out of the box."

Eric writes:
It sure don't hurt to try. Maybe it's not everybody's cup-o-tea to tweek
a harp, and try to implement the physical and mechanical elements
regarding the harmonica adjustments that one can learn from this list.
And, I know there are quite a few professional harp players that play
their harps right out of the box (mostly Marine Bands, heh) - but I
think messin' around with the harps, even the simplest gapping
adjustments, have helped my harp playing effectively.

There are things I just cannot do with an out of the box harp that I can
do with a nicely "gotten under the covers" treatment. I mean, the
wildest stuff is easier to do after the final adjustments are made.

I have to admit, I have never played a Lee Oskar, so I may have a lot to
learn about being able to do those things I can't do with abn out of the
box harp - where I currently believe that I do benefit from the "under
the covers" adjusting I tend to do. Maybe Lee Oskars have built in
factory mojo? heh.

I too, have been playing for 30 years. But, I enjoy learning new things
everyday about this toy of ours.