Re: [Harp-L] re:was harp as a toy now set up

Pierre wrote:
Rainbow Jimmy:

With all due respect I've been playing for 30 years and never got under the
covers.

I find that impresive as I don't find out of the box harps very responsive, they use up a lot of extra air in the lower holes and I find the blow bends do not alway come very easily without tweaking. I always have to regap 2 and 3 draw.

I guess if a person play hard in the low register and not much blow bending then it could work for some.

I kind of doubt the old Chicago players tweaked harps.

Pierre.

I've never tried tweaking harps. I've been playing for an embarrassingly long time especially considering my level of technique. I didn't have a hard time with blow bends although I can't do the one on hole 10. I haven't succeeded with overblows or even choking the 6 reed, so it may be time to take off the cover plates. If it helps on the draw bends on the 2 and 3 reeds I wouldn't mind it a bit. It would add an important dimension to third position.

My wife will love it--another "useless" hobby thing.  <g>
--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell