Re: [Harp-L] Harp as toy (young vs older generation) (Protracted)

Don't know if harmonica is any different from other instruments, but here are a few names:

Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Blanton, Charlie Christian, Louis Armstrong, Robert Johnson, Billie Holiday, Clifford Brown....

Armstrong was the longest lived of the above. His style changed over the years, but I don't think anyone would argue that what he did in the twenties was underdeveloped.

Maturity brings a different point of view, but monster talent is monster talent at just about any age.

BTW, the conventional wisdom in math is that no one does their best work after thirty. It may not be true but a lot of mathemeticians who did significant work did it all before thirty.

sean stephens wrote:
Hi y'all
just wished to add my two euros to the question of
whether younger players (can) have what older players
possess in terms of chops,feel etc.Having been
fortunate enough to catch him here in Ireland last
year,I was blown away (almost literally) by the
sublime/mercurial (really no superlative is
OTT)playing of Matt Priboyski.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell