RE: [Harp-L] re:was harp as a toy now set up

Pierre wrote:
"I kind of doubt the old Chicago players tweaked harps."

Eric wrote:
" I would not count them out yet."

I would tend to agree, Eric.  I'm no blues scholar, but some musicians
from that time, and long before, were certainly innovators...  Big Bill
Broonzy with his double bass strings on his guitar for example.  And who
came up with open tunings?  I know Yank Rachel used some funky mandolin
tunings to play in E.   THey even invented instruments, the git-bow, and
got music out of household items, the washboard.  I would have to
venture a guess that for those harmonica players, a few little nails and
rivets were not going to get in the way of "checking under the hood."

J.