From: Aalprice@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:56:26 EDT
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 22, Issue 44

Hi Hurricane.

I just read your post mate....it's an interesting read.

But i feel i'll have to stick my oar in...in respect to the overblowing by
the old masters....James Cotton especially.

To my knowledge none of these older trad players used overblows or
overdraws....Cotton,LW,BW and Sonny Boy to name but a few.

With respect, are you refering to blow bends and draw bends....it a mistake
i used to make often myself .

The only reason i bring this up Hurricane is that i've been listening to
these guys for years and i am an overblower....so if there are examples of OB's

by the master harp players i'd love to hear them.  Given that i have not
heard a fraction of the music these guys recorded it's a possibility you may be

right.

                      Regards,Al.