Re: [Harp-L] tweaking harps and lost in the blues

On Jun 22, 2005, at 7:16 PM, SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx wrote:

One of the fellow harpers asked me if Sonny tweaked his harps. I had to
chuckle as Sonny probably would, he was Blind!!! Number one the harps were made
completely differently back then, and Little Walter could just flat out play
the snot out of the harp because he lived it. Really hard to pull up in your
Porsche and play some blues that will make people cry cause they can feel the
harp player's pain in his music.

Well, all my life I had to drive used cars but currently have a red Maserati. (I got it the hard way). So now I have to wear an argyle pull-over draped over my shoulders, change my name to Skip or Chip and give up my blues playing. :)

smokey joe with Kiss my Brass, Thursdays at La Parilla Argentine Tango Palace.