From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of dzeller@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:53 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] old generation vs new

Rainbow Jimmy,
Your comments are right on in comparing the old and the new.  Concerning
your comment below about the bands it sure is rare to find a cohesive unit
with both talent and in-the-pocket cohesion all night long, but I'll name a
couple that are worth a listen:
Jason Ricci and New Blood: Sean Starsky's guitar finesse and feel are
incredible, and the rhythm section is smooth as silk:great backup for one
incredible harpist
Pat Ramsey and the Blues Disciples: presently on a rare swing North to
Pennsylvania: one majorly tight outfit
and
Little Charlie and the Nightcats: again fine musicians all around and a
rhythm sectioon that's been working together long enough to read each
other's minds!
Zig
:::

"Although the harp players are good, I'm not as impressed by the bands.
Perhaps
it's the venues where I see most of these guys (blues festivals) but it's
rare
to get a cohesive groove like Muddy's old band (or Bob Marley's band for
that
matter), that feeling that everyone in the band is one organism, that
almost
telepathic instinctive groove of a good solid band that's played together
for
years."

Rainbow Jimmy