[Harp-L] Caught our own Chris Michalek in concert last night

Michalek-Strone made an astounding appearance at the Mid-Summer Jazz Fest in Minnesota last night.  These guys are truly amazing and very original.  I've seen dozens of bands of all levels and music, and this is one of the best outings I have ever heard.

I could go on and on...and on, but the deal is these guys are a truly original voice in music and some of the most gifted musicians on earth.  Not too many bands can be simply harmonica, bass, and drums and pull off any song you can think of at an extremely high level.

Chris is easily one of the best harmonica players anywhere!  He went from genre and genre with great easy.  Great tone, excellent technique, superb phrasing, you name it.  My choice of music is the blues, but these guys floored me.

I had a chance to hangout with Chris and the whole band.  I had a million questions for Chris and he took the time to answer every one of them.  He even called me on the two hour drive home to make sure I was doing all right.  This is after he introduced me to his family and asked me over for dinner.  The whole band is a class act and I wish them the best.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
NiteRail

http://www.niterail.com