Re: [Harp-L] vibrato and effects

Here are some things that may help you.

Choking - It's the name that old school players gave to bending they would always refer to "choking the reed" when explaining bending notes.
Clickty Clicka - The best way to do this is to use your tongue to stab at the comb. Try putting your tongue on and then as you inhale / exhale pull it off and rapidly replace it again (Think Hannibal Lecter in silence of the the Lambs - "I ate his liver with a nice glass of Chianti, tuh,tuh,tuh,tuh,")
You can vary the tempo and rhythm of this to get fantastic effects.
I would also suggest the next time you see Andy ask him for some tips on playing techniques, he will probably be more than happy to give you some.

Hope this helps
Paul